Friday, April 2, 2010

S1000D Application Pack and graphics

Hi,

I am using the S1000D Application Pack to make data modules according to S1000D221. In one project I have a lot of tif-files (TIF, CCITTgr 4) to be inserted in the data modules (descriptive and procedural). When opening the XML-files in FrameMaker the application changes the size of the graphic files. When inserting CGM this never occurs. The problem is related to TIF only. If anyone has the explanation to why I would be grateful.

Jon Harald, Norway

S1000D Application Pack and graphics

Hi Jon,

I wrote the S1000D application pack for Adobe so I should be able to help. Would you be able to post an example TIF file so that I can try to solve the problem?

Which version of FrameMaker are you using?

Best regards

Ian

S1000D Application Pack and graphics

Hello Ian.

I am using FrameMaker 8.0

I have also tried the Application Pack in FrameMaker 7.2, but experienced the same problems.

Enclosed please find a typical example of my tif-files.

Best regards,

Jon Harald

Hello Jon,

for what it's worth I had a similar problem of FM resizing images with JPG. In my team my authors would request a graphic to be produced by the illustrators, they would then import the graphic and resize it to fit the space within the text. This caused all sorts of problems until I had the illustrators develop templates for the images (half page graphic, one third page graphic, full page graphic). It restricted the authors to a set number of sizes but the illustrators were able to create the graphic to the size required. The authors didn't have to resize their graphics so they were happy and the illustrators weren't getting abused so they were happy, and my customer was happy. BTW we were working with S1000D Descriptive DMs also.

Just a thought.

Cheers

Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment