Friday, April 2, 2010

AE won't launch & now won't install

I was using AE CS3 8.02 on a 2.5 G5, running OS 10.4.11.

After starting up my computer this morning, I attempted to open an AE project I was working on.?It failed to open for 'unknown error'.?I tried opening the application alone and same thing.

So, I tried to repair the application from the installCD.?It didn't work.
So, I uninstalled the application.?I then did your regular computer maintenance stuff like repairing startup disk permissions, clearing caches, running scripts with Cocktail, and even fixing the harddrive starting up from the OS utilities disk.

I then tried to do a new clean install of AE CS3, but it won't install at all.?It fails after about five seconds of ''running 7.0 installer script.''?It says ''There were errors installing the software.?Please try installing again.''

I've done disk utilities again and restarted the computer, but the install won't work.
Any ideas??Of course, I need to be using this application now!!
Thanks...

AE won't launch %26 now won't install

Try using the CS3 clean script and then try installing again.

AE won't launch %26 now won't install

The strange part is that this happened after it was already working correctly (right?)

Did you install any new AE plugins by any chance?

As for the new install, the AE CS3 cleanup script that was mentioned by Adolfo is your best bet. Make sure ALL of your applications are closed. If you are running any applications in the background, like a Twitter reader, or Apple Time Machine - make sure they are all off. In general, they don't interfere, but since you are having issues, I would make sure everything is off.

If for some reason you still cannot install, try disconnecting any peripherals from your computer.

Also - out of curiousity - are other applications launching and working correctly? There is also a chance it could be a bad RAM issue affecting your whole machine. When you go to Apple %26gt; About this Mac - is the RAM the amount of RAM that you believe to be in the computer?

good luck,

elaine

It was working properly last night.?My comptuer is scheduled to shut down at a certain time and it did.?When I tried to restart this morning, no good.

I tried the CS3clean script....levels 1 AND 2 and it didn't work.?I had also unplugged my peripherals.?It had uninstalled Photoshop CS3.?I just reinstalled it and it works.?My RAM also seems ok.

This is not the first time I've had issues with AE CS3.?Check out this thread..

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/2/953344#958419

I am moving in three weeks and was planning to buy a new Mac then.?Of course, I need to use my after effects THIS week though!

Is rebuilding the harddrive with DiskWarrior recommended maintanence??It says I have a lot of stuff out of place.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks for the advice...

Is rebuilding the harddrive with DiskWarrior recommended maintanence?

I hadn't changed anything to the computer.

I HAD a bad harddrive a few months ago and had a new one put in.?So, this is a brand-new harddrive that has been working fine.

I did the cleaner script and was still unable to install AE CS3 afterwards.....even after running the ''level 2'' script.

Can you reproduce exctly the error or message the installer gives you when failing to install AE CS3?

success!

I still don't know what caused AE to initially fail this morning....but I figured out the install problem.?Stupid human error, luckily.?I had a AE 7.0 disc in my AE CS3 box and was trying to install that.?This OS wasn't like it, I guess.

I was able to install the CS3 disc and am presently downloading the 8.0.2 update.

Can't wait to get that new mac though...at over 4 years, this one is ancient!

thanks, again!

Those things happen

Good to hear you are up and running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment