Friday, April 2, 2010

Drop Shadow effect in Text animation

I am attempting to remove the drop shadow effect in text added via the sample text placeholder box.?I see in the placeholder a symbol in the bottom right corner that indicates the text will have shadow- but in the properties box I can not find where to turn it off. I am new and any help would be appreciated. ( I realize that I can delete the placeholder and just start from scratch but i am trying to learn captivate 4 and couldn't find any reference to drop shadow in help files.)?I've added a screen shot of my font dialog box as it appears there should be something in the ''effects'' section.?This is where I expected to find the drop shadow option. Any thoughts anyone?

Drop Shadow effect in Text animation

Hi there

Can you add another screen shot please? One that shows where you are seeing this shadow?

When you do, please don't attach it. Instead, insert it inline using the camera icon.

Cheers... Rick

  • Click here for Adobe Certified Captivate and RoboHelp HTML Training

  • Click here for the SorcerStone Blog

  • Click here for RoboHelp and Captivate eBooks

Drop Shadow effect in Text animation

I'm afraid I won't be able to capture the drop show within the animation- (can't get that in a screen shot) but I am sending the place holder icon where you can see the drop shadow indicator-?I am assuming the small icon in the bottom right indicates drop shadow as the animation plays with a 'duplicate' image of the text behind the main text.?indicating a drop shadow effect.?I would like to turn this off.?oddly enough- the new animation i just placed from scratch has this double effect without this icon in the lower right hand box.?I feel like an idiot but this is maddening. Also thought i'd include the snapshot of my edit box in case it wasn't viewable as an attachemnt.

thanks for the help

Hello again

Ahhh, okay. Gotcha!

The thing is, there is no drop shadow effect to configure. If there is such an effect, it's something that is simply part of the Text Animation that has been selected.

I think the icon is a bit misleading and is simply intended convey it's not just regular text. I don't believe the intent was to convey there is a drop-shadow associated with a Text Animation. There isn't. At least not without it having been programmed as part of the animation.

Does this help you answer the question? Are you actually seeing there is a drop-shadow effect during playback that you don't like or want? If so, you will likely need to choose a different Text Animation.

Cheers... Rick

  • Click here for Adobe Certified Captivate and RoboHelp HTML Training

  • Click here for the SorcerStone Blog

  • Click here for RoboHelp and Captivate eBooks

Rick,

I've been monkeying with this for hours-?I think I have solved the mystery.?When you preview the animation by choosing play this slide or by clicking the play button on the time line you get this strange double image on the animation.?However, if you choose preivew in a browser or choose preview the project- the animations render correctly. Maybe the difference is that I need to see in a loaded swf to get the full effect? Sorry to have been such a bother but I am working through the tutorials and trying my hand at editing in the new version.?Lots of things aren't working in my vista machine with the CS4 suite and its frustrating.?I appreciate your help. and maybe my wasted day will save another newbie the hassle. Best to you! and thanks for helping.

Hi again

I'm assuming Captivate 4? If so, please be sure you click Help %26gt; Updates... as they recently made an update available that should solve many issues.

Note that I'm not saying it will resolve this particular issue, but as you stated you were seeing other issues and you cited Vista...

Indeed the way you preview can have a huge effect on things. Unless you are wanting to check simple timing of when captions or objects appear and disappear, you want to avoid using the ''Play this slide'' option. It's an awful way to preview and your preview will always be much better if you preview using one of the other preview options.

Cheers... Rick

  • Click here for Adobe Certified Captivate and RoboHelp HTML Training

  • Click here for the SorcerStone Blog

  • Click here for RoboHelp and Captivate eBooks

Thanks Rick- I will do both- check again for updates and rely on the full preview for intended effects.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment