Friday, April 2, 2010

New font not showing up in photoshop

Hi

I have a new font (Gill Sans Shadowed) but it won't show up in photoshop, yet it shows up in MS word.?Other fonts I added at the same time are showing up but this particular font won't show up. The file name is Gill Sans Shadowed.ttf %26amp; it was added into fonts folder in library. Am using an ibook G4. Photoshop CS 8.0.

Any ideas as to why its not showing and how I can get it to work?

Thanks

New font not showing up in photoshop

Most of us here use a font Manager to activate our fonts. most of us use FontAgent Pro

Did you use font book? Apples built in font manager to activate the font.

You can also put the font in Photoshops font folder but it can only be seen by photoshop.

New font not showing up in photoshop

Hi

Thanks for the reply.?I can't seem to find my photoshop font folder anywhere?

I pasted the font into the general font folder. It was pasted along with about 40 other fonts. Typically all the others have shown up, except for the one I need to use most!

I tried playing about with font manager but not exactly sure what to do with it %26amp; still won't work.

I even downloaded a trial of font agent pro but again, not exactly sure how it works but had a mess about with it but the font i need still won't show up in photoshop

Sorry I was thinking of Indesign font folder.

Try putting the font in (your system drive) %26gt; Library %26gt; Application Support %26gt; Adobe %26gt; Fonts

If the font is good, it should work if installed in the OS fonts folder.

If the font is corrupt, it won't work no matter where you put it.?Adobe does try to weed out corrupt fonts, but doesn't always tell you which ones had to be disabled.

Also you should only have one font manager going at a time you need to turn off font book if you are using fontagent pro

No comments:

Post a Comment