Friday, April 2, 2010

Installing styles in PSD 7 / Vista

I purchased a 3rd party PSE style. The installation instructions do not include PSE 7. I'm trying to figure out where to copy the .asl and .xml files. I've searched the internet for other instructions but they all refer to folders that do not exist in my C: drive.?Help??

Thank you.

Installing styles in PSD 7 / Vista

You probably don't have ''show hidden files and folders'' enabled. I would advise to return this option to it's default ''do not show hidden files and folders'' once you have added your styles.

See this tutorial:

http://www.scrappersguide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3294

Installing styles in PSD 7 / Vista

Hi Terri.

I had that enabled. The problem is that the folders specified in your instructions don't exist for PSE 7, at least how it was installed on my computer (Vista, by the way).?I ended up putting the files here: Program Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Photo Creations\Layer Styles

They appear in my layer styles in PSE 7 and I can apply them to a layer, but I can't figure out what to do with them.?Changing the options doesn't seem to do anything.?I can get them to lay on top of a layer of color but if I reduce the opacity, the color disapppears (doesn't matter how little or much I reduce the opacity).

Are they supposed to go onto another layer? Above a color layer??Below it??

Thank you,

Julie

wildmountainspirit wrote:

I ended up putting the files here: Program Data\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\7.0\Photo Creations\Layer Styles

Hi,

Layer styles are applied upon any layer and they will show the effect, thay are designed for. It can be any layer, color or any other. More than one layer styles can be applied on top of other. they will only add to the effect. Though there can be certin styles which cannot be applied on top of some others, as they are giving you a 3D effect.

Opacity only changes the opacity of the layers, it is not to do with the styles.

Thanks,

Swarnima

  • facebook layouts
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment