Sunday, April 4, 2010

Low Memory or Out of Memory errors in...

I don't recall the specific errors off the top of my head, but I know there have been several times where Bridge throws a memory related error. (Not anything with hex codes, just saying it's out of memory or low.) Sometimes this actually affects Bridge negatively and sometimes not.?When it does, previews tend to not load.

All I know is that I have PLENTY of RAM available. I'm running Vista x64 with 8GB memory and not running enough other applications to soak up all of my available RAM.?(Opera, Chrome, tightVNC, and newly opened PS w/ nothing loaded.)

I realize I'm writing this thread with limited questions, but I guess I mainly want to know if there's a memory threshold that I can increase like in PS.?(You know, where you can tell it to use XX% of RAM.)

Most of my workflow consists of reviewing folders full of 3500-5000 RAW files (Canon 5D mkII) and sometimes taking them into ACR for further work.?I also review 1000-1500 jpegs after the fact. It seems I can get a memory error regardless of what batch I'm working on.?Does Bridge just do a very bad job of clearing it's own memory??(So if I'm browsing several folders during a session, I need to restart at one point?)

FYI - I have a folder of 1940 jpegs loaded right now and Bridge's memory footprint is just under 900MB.?After closing and reopening Bridge, the footprint is down to 400MB.

Thanks in advance for any input!

_Nathan

Low Memory or Out of Memory errors in...

Make sure you are not using High Quality Thumbnails or 100% Previews. Just use the embedded thumbnails.


Then purge your cache(s) and let them rebuild. With thousands of images, it make take some time!


See also http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/405/kb405357.html

Low Memory or Out of Memory errors in...

I encounter this message on occasion, particularly after bridge has been running for a time -- folders with 100s (but not 1000s) of camera raw or jpg files.?I close and relaunch bridge, which then works fine again.?Impact is relaunch time; I can see disk activity light while bridge reloads ram, but it does not recreate its cache thumbnails or previews (no need to not have high quality thumbnails).?

Low on memory is a generic term that can also mean low on HD space.?Check cache size and see it that is OK and if you have cache running on main drive might want to defrag it frequently.

  • recipes cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment