Friday, April 2, 2010

Photoshop CS2 and Windows Vista 64 bit

I have just loaded Photoshop CS2 onto my new laptop which has Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit as its OS.

All working well except I notice that,when I made adjustments to a layer (for example,using curves to colour adjust,or even just brighten midtones),it takes a long time for any change to take place to the values of colour sample points which I may have applied to the background layer.

I usually place four colour sample points on my background image to monitor changes as I make adjustments.?When I used Photoshop CS2 on my previous laptop which had Windows XP as its OS,changes were instant.

I have the cache level set at 6 in Preferences with 70% available RAM set.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ian

Photoshop CS2 and Windows Vista 64 bit

I'm only replying because no one else has.?I really have no idea other than to reduce your amount of RAM (for Photoshop) to about 50%.?Vista needs more RAM than XP did.?Also could be a video card problem.?Laptops are one of many things I know nothing about.

Photoshop CS2 and Windows Vista 64 bit

A couple more ideas:


Make sure CS2 is fully updated. In Vista, turn the Aero interface on and off to see if it makes a difference.


Try the old standby of resetting preferences, as described in the FAQ.


http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.ef4a07f/1


You either have to physically delete (or rename) the preference files or, if using the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift method, be sure that you get a confirmation dialog.


This resets all settings in Photoshop to factory defaults.


A complete uninstall/re-install will not affect the preferences and a corrupt file there may be causing the problem.

roseanne1234 wrote:

I have just loaded Photoshop CS2 onto my new laptop which has Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit as its OS.

Depends on the graphics chip (OP didn't post it) on the laptop. A lot of posters have issues with laptops with Intel graphics chip drivers (no updates) and are very unhappy with CS4 running on Vista 64 bit. The OP (as of now) stands a chance on tossing good money into the wind if she updates to CS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment